Pages

Wednesday 2 May 2007

moose poo

I'm steaming ahead with the sock production. Here's a picture of my first ever pair, on my feet - they're made from Sirdar Town & Country in what I believe is known as Volcano. I'm really pleased with them, and we thought their stripes looked particularly good against the bedding planes of the rock. I also think that I was right to match them.

To keep the momento going I cast on a second pair. Here's how they look so far, these are with some wool I got here in Norway - not quite as bright as pair number one. I'm using a pattern in a magazine I bought in the UK - I think the pattern is called Ice on the Pond.

I did try to figure out what to do with the red wool I posted about before, but of my two options I had - one was using a wool of a completely different guage, so I decided against that, and the other I didn't have enough wool for - so I'll keep looking.

As David has said in his blog, we had visitors this last weekend, David's sister and her husband, Joe. We had a pretty relaxed time and took them around Trondheim and a little bit in the vicinity. We took them to see the house that we're moving to. I took a few photos, I would have taken more but my batteries ran out after three:

View from the living room window.


Dining room end of 1st floor.



Living room end of 1st floor.

We also took Suzi and Joe on a hunt to find the site of a crashed Lancaster bomber from WW2, and moose.

We managed to find the site of the former:


But only the poo of the latter:

Maybe we'll have better luck next time?

3 comments:

Pebble said...

We're going on a moose hunt!! Bring your gun and dum dum bullets...set phasers to stun and kill it!!!

Knittacia said...

Hello,

Thank you for comments in my blog.
For clothing there is only one shop in Norway. It is at Moa's in Fjordgata 45. All other shops are Quilting-shops, and they are very expencive. You will be better off buying fabrics in the UK. I have ordered fabrics (and yarn) from UK and US.

Guthrum said...

Hmmm-Are you keeping the curtains ?