Pages

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Wearing what I make - Vogue 1806

Next up on looking through my wardrobe is this dress:


 

I made it when I was at University - I think it was for my 1st or 2nd year ball - using Vogue 1806 by the designer Badgley Mischka.   I sewed view B, which is the longer version but no doubt made it shorter as I'm only 5'2".  Looking at the pieces I graded halfway between a 10 and a 12, which should be about right, even for now.  I remember liking it on the night I wore it, but feeling that it was a bit revealing and gaping at the front for my liking at the time. 

 I still like the design and think the green fabric is a really nice colour.
 So, why don't I wear it - apart from the obvious that I've got 2 small kids and nowhere to wear it?  Well, what the above photo doesn't show is that it doesn't actually do up at the side :-(  So I guess I'm a little different shape than I was at University (not ssurprising after 2 kids and nearly 20 years).  I think I'm going to hold onto it though - maybe at some point I will have an occasion to wear this to, and it shouldn't take too much to take it out a bit at the sides - I've also got the remnants of this in my stash so I could always do a major refit on the bodice if need be.

No comments: