Pages

Friday 23 May 2014

Thursday night pizza club

For a little while we have been having Thursday Night Pizza Club - basically we have home made pizza on a Thursday night.  We have it for a couple of reasons - it's fun for the kids and it's one night of the week when we don't really have to decide what we're going to eat.

I thought I'd share this weeks pizza:


I had been just using tomato puree as my pizza sauce, but this week I decided to try out an actual pizza sauce recipe.  I pinned this one from petitekitchenesse and kind of followed the recipe missing out any ingredients I didn't have (poor preparation on my part).  We then topped with bacon, salami, olives, mozzarella, parmesan and artichoke hearts.  I'd recently read that mint and artichoke hearts went together so I sprinkled fresh mint leaves over it rather than my usual oregano. 

And my pizza making helper:

No comments: