So I'll send a package to them including the finished pink socks for big sister Anna:
It's not long till the next our next friends are due .... Jen and Neil are due on 27th - again they don't know whether it's going to be a girl or a boy, so another non-gender specific booties have been started - yellow this time:
And the booties for Jacob:
And now for the plant quiz....
2. Keep or compost?
3. Should this be given root space?
4. This picture is actually taken on the other side of the road to our house, but we did have some to the left of our front door... it was growing out of the paving stones etc so I have decided that it's something weed-like, but am curious to know what it actually is.
5. Is this ground elder?6. This seems to be really popular in Norway - I'm sure it's fine if you're the kommune and are wanting to stabilise a bank next to a road, or something - but in a garden it goes rampant and spreads along and basically smothers everything else.
7. Some sort of bush that's in bud at the moment - I think the flowers are going to be white.
8. And last but not least - another something that has sprung up by the side of the house.
A couple of things:
- if you need another photo of any of them ask;
- all answers or suggestions of what things might be gratefully received; and
- I'm not interested in the "a weed is just a plant in the wrong place" mantra - would you give it garden space!?
And I guess as it's a quiz there should be prizes - but I'll have to think about what they could be!