Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2007

Selbu strikker

Another trip we did when my parents were visiting was to Selbu - it's an interesting place with a village museum and a church, and is of course the home place of selbu knitting - the two stranded, eight point rose pattern. There was a museum about it at Selbu too.... I took some photos:




We especially like the man to the far right in the wedding photo - very snazzy matching socks and jumper - David, what do you think?


A bit of outdoor wear - I think my parents may want his and hers matching knitted jumpers and socks! (probably not)

The museum was interesting - finding out about the knitting industry around there, and the patterns, although what was in the museum had a bit of a dated feel about it - which in itself was quite fascinating.

I did get this:







The selbustrikk book by Rauma, it has lots of patterns for mittens, gloves and socks - so I'll probably give it a go at some point.

No comments: